Being a man

Honestly, has anyone gone through wanting to be a man? I'm not joking. I use to want to and then I had my oldest and I buried it. I was depressed all the time and couldn't figure out why. And recently I realized it is because I have just been trying to deny these feelings. I don't want to be daddy to my kids (and yes, husband is 100% ok with it is I would want to be). But I can't help but feel disgusted when I look at myself and feel disgusted when I realize what I want. I shouldn't want these things. And I don't wanna see a psychiatrist about it because I just lie to them (although I realize I would have to if I would want the gender reassignment surgery). So I just am looking for others in my situation I guess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• ARE YOU A TROLL? I sure smell a troll.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I promise I am not a troll. I just don't feel comfy releasing my real screen name. I know it is hard to track people down on here but I just don't want anyone from my real life to know it is me. I know my SIL is at least a member on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• You were born a woman. Don't mess with nature.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Thats actually not factually correct Anon :45. Some people are born with an extra chromosome that does not manifest until puberty. They are born with XXY instead of just XY (male) or XX (female). That extra Y can cause all kinds of problems!
    Honey, i would seek counseling, even though I know you do not want to. It can be completely confidential. If after the counseling you still feel this is the best choice for you to be happy, I would say go for it. I commend you on your courage to do what makes you happy, and I am glad to hear your SO will be supportive. Its not easy to consider this kind of thing, and I urge you to create a strong support group before making it known to the general population. I am not in your situation, but I have known many others who have been, and its never easy, but it can be very rewarding. Take the first step and see what happens from there!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• well, you can always go buy a strap on, cut your hair short, wear mens clothings, wear a tight band around your tits, and buy fake facial hair!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• i have seen a bunch of those shows where people say they were born the wrong gender..........and just because i am happy with who i am doesn't mean this is entirely impossible.......if you have felt this way for a long time, then the feelings are probably true. i'd start at the shrink and tell them what you suspect.....like you stated you will need one if you should so decide to have the surgery (sp) and also maybe some family therapy for you all should you decide to do it.
    that_one_chick

Answer by that_one_chick at 9:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Why don't you make a list of all the reasons why it is great to be a woman? You can start with the fact that if you had been a man, you would not have your children. Also, why don't you think back over your childhood years and ask yourself some questions about who you found to be the more nurturing people in your life? Was it the women in your life or was it the men? The answers to those questions will give you clues to why you don't enjoy being the sex that you are. God does not make any mistakes, never has, and never will. If He gave you the organs of a woman, then you are supposed to be a woman. Stating that does not deny your feelings, but it is enough to convince that you probably have had other issues which have affected your feelings. If you
    unearth and deal with those, the other will most likely take care of itself. Look for life experiences that may have made you to prefer to be a man rather than a woman.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:17 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I can't say that I feel that way but appreciate your feelings and your sharing this with us. Good luck with this.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:25 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• ok.....their are ppl who have a different makeup mentally that maks them feel like the other sex. in otherwords..your wired to be a man but your not. its not uncommon. transvestites...their you go...go talk to them.
    generally with these ppl denile of whot hey are internally leads to depression and has a high rate of suicide.

get a strap on and use your husbands ass, it might help
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I have a guy friend who is going through the same thing but he wants to be like a woman. He has the whole kit and kabootle: skirts, halter tops, fake boobs (like small balloons), make-up, etc. His 4th marriage failed for his wife had no idea about his woman clothing fettish; it scared her really bad. Good thing your husband is open with this feeling. Maybe to help you maybe you both could go to marriage counseling together, so you don't feel humiliated and understand the feelings you have. If you want to be a man, get a sex change, if you wish. I personally wouldn't take action upon these feelings, but I respect a person's decision to live as they wish. If you are spiritual or religious, then pray to God and ask why you are having these feelings. Remember, there are many others who are feeling the same as you are...that is why there are gay, lesbian, trans gender, or transsexual people in the world.
    Anonymous