People that have had a D&C TMI TMI WARNING

I had a D&C a week ago... I bled for like a day, very light. Then stopped for a few days, now the past 4 days or so, I've had this BLACK and DARK BROWN blood and it's really STRINGY and thick. Is this normal?
I really want to be intimate with my husband again, but I don't know if it's safe. I see my doc on friday.
Also, if you had a D&C how soon after were you able to get pregnant again? and how soon did your period return?

kaitlynsmom428

Asked by kaitlynsmom428 at 7:40 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Brown blood is old. It was going to come out anyway it was just a matter of when. Stringy? Sounds like old tissue that we all get when sloughing comes from the uterine lining each month. I am so sorry you had to have a D&C. It is never comfortable and it's emotional. Give your body time to heal.

You will be able to be initmate with your DH again I just wouldn't bet on it right now. Give your body some time to get back where it should be so it's enjoyable for both of you.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Well you don't want to start trying again for at least a few months and your bleeding I would call your doctor today. RIGHT NOW!
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:50 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Brown blood is old blood and yes it's normal. Been there, done that. Now if it's bright red, then you need to call your doctor and you should at least wait two cycles before trying again. That's what I was told by my doctor.
    magoogie

Answer by magoogie at 8:13 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Agreed. Brown blood is not active bleeding, just old blood coming at that must have bled a few days ago. So don't get too worried unless it starts coming out bright red again.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 8:30 AM on Jul. 22, 2009