Can I freeze mashed bananas?

We don't eat eggs and I used mashed banana to replace the egg in pancakes. I use Aunt Jemima or whatever. I replace the egg with banana and the oil with yogurt. Turn out perfect... Anyway I buy banana often but sometimes one or two won't get used and go bad and then when I want pancakes, I can't make them! I was wondering if I could pre-mash a banana and freeze it (so I'll always have some on hand) and just take it out ten minutes before I start making pancakes for it to thaw. Any suggestions on this?

AmandaI1021

Asked by AmandaI1021 at 7:58 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• it should be okay, never hurts to try :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• yep, you can freeze mashed bananas.
    emtgirl885

Answer by emtgirl885 at 9:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I figured you could because people make their own baby food and freeze it. I just didn't want it to come out nasty after being frozen and thawed
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Yes, my neighbor who is like Betty Crocker, freezes bananas all the time. She mashes them, measures out what she needs and puts in ziploc freezer bags. She labels the amount and what she will use it for. She makes banana bread all the time and makes about 10 loaves at a time.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• You can freeze whole banana so I don't see why you could not freeze mashed. Go ahead and try it. The only thing I was thinking though is you would probably have to defrost it some how first, so I hope it comes out alright when defrosting it.

On a totally different subject. We used to put chocolate syrup on whole bananas and freeze them, yum.

Savanna22

Answer by Savanna22 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 22, 2009