Any way to alleviate this pain in my lower back? Can't sleep..

So I'm 7 months pregnant. At 2 months pregnant I fell and hurt the lower left part of my back. Although the workman's comp drs say I'm fine, I still feel the pain in my back - and as my tummy grows so does the frequency and the intensity of the pain. It may be a slipped disc. I've been trying yoga, I tried walking (it makes it worse if I walk longer than a 1/2 hour nonstop), I tried lifting weights for my lower back muscles. I don't know what else to try! Also, my insurance does not cover trips to the chiropractor :(.

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 8:25 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Health

• If you can handle it, sleep on the floor. The hardness of the floor helps with the backpain. I pulled my Lumbar muscle (lower back) and that was the only way I could sleep for months. Also, my doctor told me that Pilates is the best for lower back pain. I would talk to your doctor about what you can do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• i had a pain in lower back, called the doc office, nurse gave me a yoga pose to do, i think she called it the Lion
    it worked over night
    get on bed, on hands and knees, put head down, butt in the air
    felt great!
    call doc first
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 8:32 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• A heating pad is what I use to help out. I am 28 weeks prego and get awful back pain. Also I have something that might help if you'd like to go to the Chiropractor. It ONLY cost you $14.95 a month and it covers Dental, Vision, Prescription as well for just you or you can do $19.95 for you whole household. And you can cancel it at anytime so you could stop when you had your child if you wanted to. But it would give you a great discount on the Chiropractor to help the pain. Let me know if you want some more info and I hope it starts to feel better :)
    www.MyBenefitsPlus.com/ChristinaDennis or you can call me 770-728-9938 God Bless Girl!!
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 8:54 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• it will get worse as your belly gets bigger, take some tylenol, lie on a heating pad & enjoy the pains of pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• see a chiropractor, soak in empsom salt in a very warm bath
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 22, 2009