What happened to cap and trade?

Is it still around or did it die? I also wnat to know if Obie is trying to get it passed before a certain time like health care.

Ibelongtojesus

Asked by Ibelongtojesus at 8:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OP do you know how US Congress works ? President signs the laws ,he is not passing the laws.

Are you stupid or just naive? The president lobbies congress to pass things he wants them to pass. He'll have them all over for burgers and a ball game the weekend before a vote, take them to dinner, anything he can do to get them to vote the way he wants them to. And that also includes pressuring them to pass things at certain times, like trying to push the healthcare bill through now in hopes people will forget about it before they vote in 2010.
    Anonymous

• It's due to be presented to the Senate on or around September 18th. It's NOT dead yet! We still need to lean on our Senators during their August recess!!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• The President also has the option to VETO said bills before making them law....yet in this case Obama WANTS to destroy the country....he's URGING the House and the Senate to move things along quickly--no need to waste time reading something....he's waiting, pen in hand, with baited breath!

Why rush something that will not go into effect for another 3 1/2 years!??!?!? Answer: because the more time it is discussed, the more holes will be discovered, and the less likely it will pass it all! Obama wants his healthcare and Cap and atrade to pass NOW, because politicians who want to continue their careers will not stick their necks out in an election year (2010), and so it all needs to pass before Thanksgiving, if it's going to pass at all!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It's likely dead too many dems realize in the end it would be political suicide.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I sooooooo hope your are right about these bills carpy....but until the "fat lady sings" I'm not going to stop bugging my reps!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• They will probably try somesthing sly, and pass it while the rest of us are focusing on the health bill. But I see that even some of the dems are realizing that Obama's agenda isn't sitting well with most of America. I still have "hope", the right hope that is.
    Kristin216

Answer by Kristin216 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Yes thank God there are some dems still left with a bit of sense.This bill need's to die just like the healthcare bill.Keep pestering your reps.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It passed in the House. They pushed the vote just a couple hours after adding 200-300 pages and would not allow republicans that wanted to read those pages to have access to them. The US was worrying about Michael Jackson's death the day they voted for it. The Senate is probably not going to pass it now many Democrat senators know how most of us feel about it and they want to be reelected. I pray they don't pass it because Obama will sign it. I hope those same Senators use their brains and don't pass this healthcare nightmare because Obama will sign it even though he has not read it or had any of his lackys read it.
    Anonymous

• OP here yes I am aware of how it works, I never said the president passes th elaws, all I said was that he was pushing to try to get them passed before a certain date. I hope both bills die. I am bugging my rep.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2009