Can I conceive a day before my period?

I had unprotected sex just a few hours before my period came so I thought all the sperm would come out anyway.. The next morning my period came as usual but I just wanted to know if that is possible cause I've been reading loads of stories of mums getting pregnant while on their period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, you can get pregnant any time you have unprotected sex, even on your period
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• no. if you have your period than the folicles have collapsed (thus the period). Wtih no mature folicles, there is no egg, no conception that can occur. This "you can get pregnant on your period "is a myth. The reason for this myth is that some women do continure to have light periods while early on in pregnancy (first trimester), thus, they think they got pregnant during their period, when in fact, they were pg. the whole time. It's a very common misperception.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I got pregnant with my son the last day of my period. So yes it can happen. Nothing is happening for me mind you, I'm starting to think there is something wrong with me.
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 9:13 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• i'm going to say it's possible but unlikely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• you can get pregnant anytime.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2009