My 12 yr old had her tooth pulled almost 24 hrs ago and it's still bleeding...

I called the dentest she said it should have already stopped yesterday evening.The dentest said put a tea bag on it and relax for 10 min.s and it will clot.Any tips on getting this thing to stop.

happymomma777

Asked by happymomma777 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Health

• put some gauze in her mouth,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Thanks we have been doing that i guess i should have said...
    happymomma777

Answer by happymomma777 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• oh lol well gl :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• see your regular doctore about blood clotting problem.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 9:26 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Call the office back and tell them you get it to stop bleeding and bring her in to have it checked. A tea bag should have worked or the gauze. So i think he needs to look at it again. It bleeding for that long does'nt sound good at all.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:28 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Oh I hope she feels better soon poor girl.
    raemommy

• tea bag was my only thought. How bad is the bleeding? You may need to go to the ER and have it stiched up if there is too much blood loss. If dentist isn't giving you enough help, call the doc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Bring her back to the dentist and have them stitch it. She should have stopped bleeding within 30 minutes, if that. If the dentist won't do anything then take her to the ER. My son just had 4 teeth pulled and he had graters in his mouth. He stopped bleeding in about 20 minutes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Take her back and make them see her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• She should have been biting down on gauze til the bleeding fully stopped - even when I had 7 teeth extracted at once, they told me fresh gauze every 1/2 hour, and it shouldn't take more than 3 rounds of gauze (an hour and a half, 90 minutes) for it to stop - and if it hadn't stopped after 90 minutes, call them. If it's actively bleeding, she needs to be seen by someone. If it's just looking red, like there's a pool of blood, but nothing's actually coming out, that's the clot - leave it alone! And if she's sucking the clot out, she's going to get dry socket & be in major pain later today.
    Anonymous