Can I take these during pregnancy???

I have not been to the doctor yet...I go next week, but if you could help...can I take Tylenol or Advil or Benadryl during pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Even if your appt. isn't until next week, you can still call your OB's office and ask a nurse these questions; they'll know.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Maybe tylenol, but double check with your doctor.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:36 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I remember being told that Tylenol is okay but Advil is a no-no. I also remember being told to take benedryl a lot - BUT - I don't remember if it is okay when you are this early. You can call your doctors office to find out if it's okay to take them this early. I am sure the Advil is no though.

Oh and if you breast feed you have to stop taking the benedryl once the baby is born because for some reason it is harmful in the breast milk, but not in the womb.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• TYLENOL ONLY. my doctor (a fertility and birthing specialist) recently told me that ibuprophin (motrin, advil, aleve) can casue a lot of harm, especially in the first trimester. We've been ttc and she told me to take tylenol only, because it could be harmful in as early as conception too!

Benadryl...i've been told not to take it. There are safe allergy meds you can take during pg. but i don't remember what- i just live with my allergies since the allergy med thing is questionable.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!<--OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• You can take Tylenol and Zyrtec. Benadryl should only be taken to stop a severe allergic reaction like to a food or a bee sting when your throat swells.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:26 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• i took tylenol and benadryl durng my pregnancies. It all depends on what you OB/GYN okays you to take.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Only Tylenol - NO IB Prophine at all. As far as allergy meds, I would call the OB's office & ask for their recommendation.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:40 AM on Jul. 22, 2009