31 WEEKS!!

I'M HAVING PAINS FROM LOWER BACK TO LOWER ABDOMINAL. MY BACK IS HURTING SO BAD!! COULD I BE HAVING CONTRACTIONS AND SHOULD I GO TO LABOR AND DELIVERY?I'M SO SCARED!! WOULD A BABY SURVIVE AT BEING BORN AT 31 WEEKS? THANK YOU

BABY312

Asked by BABY312 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should call your doctor..or go to the er asap..i have a history of preterm labor and that can be a sign...drink lots of water...take care good luck!
    millynjoe

Answer by millynjoe at 9:43 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I was 31 weeks when I first started to have lower back and belly pain. Call your DR. and see what he tells you to do dont waste your time in the d&l or th er. I turns out for me that I was just streching more to make more room for the growing baby.
    I think your fine. You well read on here alot that people tell you to omg go to LD or ER its not always the case some ppl are just stupid!
    Good luck=)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• wow anon who pissed in your coffee today she was just asking for help as millynjoe said call your doc or go get checked I have had preterm labor I woke up with pains didnt think nothing about it went back to sleep woke up around 3 hours later and had bad pressure went pee and started having bad contractions went to hosp was 8 had my baby 30 min later at 33 weeks he was life flighted to another hospital and in the NICU for 33 days and so it can happen OP go with your gut Good luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• a baby can survive being dellivered as early as 27 weeks. although the chances of survival for baby are better the longer they are in the woumb. Call your dr. because if it is pre-term labor there is medicine used to stop the labor. Or you can just go to labor and del. Try not to stress too much, i know it's hard not to though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It could be just normal cramps, or braxton hicks contractions. I wouldn't worry too much - I would call your OB & ask their opinion. They will tell you weather they want you to go to the hospital, come into the office or just go to bed.

JUST BREATHE!!!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:36 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Milly and joe she is always trying to scare some one! This lady doesnt need to rush to the er or ld just because of that. She should call her DR and ask him. If it was just bh or normal cramps she would of wasted a day at the ld or er. I doubt it just because others go into early labor doesnt mean theres a chance for her to be just like you guys!! baby is growing more and more its probably just her body streching.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jul. 22, 2009