PLEASE HELP ME LADIES - I NEED IDEAS.

Ok, I've been in touch recently with a dear friend of mine from high school, as a matter of fact he was more than a friend he was my life line. We did everything together infact so much so that everyone thought we dated all throughout high school, nope we didn't but we were just that close.
Well now thanks to Face Book we've reconnected recently and he'll actually be in town filming for this pilot sitcom he's doing and he wants to get together and meet my family. Well, that's fine but he keeps joking about hiring a caterer because for some odd reason he doesn't think I can cook - I'm not sure why he's never had my cooking before and all of my family and friends love coming to our home for dinners and BBQ's. Well, I asked what kinds of wine he drank and so forth and when he responded he noted that he doesn't eat read meat. Well, there goes a good steak dinner! So now I don't know what to make to really impress him HELP!

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• is he vegetarian? or just doesn't eat red meat? You could make stuffed chicken, veggie lasagna, pork roast (technically not red meat), chicken enchiladas, etc. How about pasta fazole (I know that's not how its spelled, i just woke up :-) and a veggie lasagna, with a big spinach salad and cheese cake for dessert? You don't have to put sausage in the pasta fazole, just the beans and veggies in chicken broth with shredded fresh spinach.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 9:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• chicken fajitas, chicken shish kabobs, chicken alfredo, chicken and noodles/dumplings.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• shrimp scampi over fetticine. I know that was spelled wrong.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2009