PLEASE HELP ME LADIES - I NEED IDEAS.

Ok, I've been in touch recently with a dear friend of mine from high school, as a matter of fact he was more than a friend he was my life line. We did everything together infact so much so that everyone thought we dated all throughout high school, nope we didn't but we were just that close.
Well now thanks to Face Book we've reconnected recently and he'll actually be in town filming for this pilot sitcom he's doing and he wants to get together and meet my family. Well, that's fine but he keeps joking about hiring a caterer because for some odd reason he doesn't think I can cook - I'm not sure why he's never had my cooking before and all of my family and friends love coming to our home for dinners and BBQ's. Well, I asked what kinds of wine he drank and so forth and when he responded he noted that he doesn't eat read meat. Well, there goes a good steak dinner! So now I don't know what to make to really impress him HELP!

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Entertainment

• How about a good chicken catchtori(sp) or pork chops. What does your hubby think about all of this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Oh, my husband is actually looking foward to meeting one of my friends from High School. I think he's hoping to hear how I was in high school and to see whether or not I was as how I described myself to him.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• What about seafood? Maybe salmon or something like that? Lamb is also good (if you know how to cook it, I personally don't). Or what about stuffed porkchops or chicken corden bleu. I just made myself really hungry.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Sorry, lamb is red meat, I wasn't thinking.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I've got it! I'll start with coconut shrimp and homemand Asian spring rolls (made by my Asian hubby), then we'll move on to a dinner of broiled Talopia (sp?) and fresh dill sauce, garlic smashed potatoes and a spinach salad served with a very nice fruity white wine and follow it up with a coffee and a Key Lime Cheesecake (my speciality).
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• That sounds good! I would be impressed. Good Luck
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I've got it! I'll start with coconut shrimp and homemand Asian spring rolls (made by my Asian hubby), then we'll move on to a dinner of broiled Talopia (sp?) and fresh dill sauce, garlic smashed potatoes and a spinach salad served with a very nice fruity white wine and follow it up with a coffee and a Key Lime Cheesecake (my speciality

What time shall I be there? lol
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 8:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009