Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where can I get my son some help?

my son has these major angry issues problems he really needs to get rid of. he's getting too old for this, he is now 11 yrs old. he gets this way when things dont go his way, he talks in this angry tone that he scares everyone. he hits his sister when she doesn't play a game he wants to play.She's 13 yrs old. And now at times when he gets mad he saids ,he might as well kill himself. But I dont think he really means it . I think he just hears his friends say that and he repeats it. I just dont like hearing him say that.


Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • You need to call his doctor right away and they will help you. Do it right away.

    Answer by raemommy at 9:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

  • call your ped, your hospital and get an app. Call police if you have to. Do not let him threaten you again or your daughter. Calling the police after he hits his sister could put the scare in him that he needs. Take seriously his suicidal comments. Stay out of the house this summer and in public view as much as you can. If he just wants to hang with his freinds and they don't do drugs or drink then I'd let him. What does he say his anger is because of? You don't have to say here but to you is he saying what? I mean his entire anger? A divorce, a death of a friend or loved one, a move? Don't be afraid to call police if he gets violent and violent is screaming and yelling swearing, throwing things, threatening stand, threatening approach to someone physically.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

  • If he threatens to harm himself or someone else, call the police. IF he hits someone, call the police. They will Chapter him, which means that he will be put on a 72 hours psych hold in a child psych ward for observation and evaluation. IF you don't want to go that means, put him in counseling for anger management and find out why he acts the way he does. He needs help, what are you waiting for? Him to hurt his sister, or kill himself because he is serious about the threats?

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

  • Mental intervention. Get the kid in to a therapist.

    Answer by paralegal09 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

  • I agree with the others. He needs a full Psych eval ASAP. My son has ODD. Oppositional Defiant Disorder and does those very same things. He is only 8. And yes, I was told last week that if it comes down to it, to call the police if he hurts me or his little sister again.

    Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • Start with a call to the doctor or your insurance company for a referral.

    Answer by BJoan at 10:06 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

  • Do not think that is is him parroting his friends-get him help now. Take him to his pediatrician if you can't find a child therapist-they know where to send a kid with anger issues. I have nephew that ended up in legal trouble in his late teens because my brother thouhht his screaming until he couldn't breathe and punching walls was 'no big deal'. His anger issues started when he was 9.........

    Answer by mojomomma0217 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2009