Question about some issues after pregnancy

I had a beautiful baby boy May 14. He was 9lb 8oz and came out in 45 seconds. 3 good pushes. I had an epideral and they did put a cathitor (sp?) in twice and took it out twice. I just wanted to give some background on what happened. Here is what is happening now. We are at 9 weeks and I am having trouble feeling when I need to pee. I also have to push to empty my bladder still. Not the entire time pushing, but to completely empty, I need to push. Also, my bowl movements are not back to normal. I know this is probably too much info, but I need some advice. Should I be worried and get to a doctor or is this normal and it will pass. I didn't have a problem like this with my first child (9lb 20z and pushed for 2 hours). Any thoughts?

Thanks Ladies!!!!!

theatregirl26

Asked by theatregirl26 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Health

• I would call the doctor and get in to be checked. I had a catheter with both my girls, but they were c-sections (both, also, over 9lbs). I didn't have issues feeling when I had to go, but it's at the point, now, where the second I feel I need to go, I NEED to go! There's no holding it! However, I never had to push to empty my bladder. For your BMs, try a stool softener (NOT a laxitive, though!)...I didn't go normally for a couple of weeks afterwards, but it was definitely sooner than 9 weeks. When in doubt, call the doc...they may have some different suggestions for you! Oh, and congrats on your baby!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 22, 2009