When to send out birthday invitations

I should know this since this will be my sons 3rd birthday , but usually how far in advance do you send out Birthday invites? His birthday & Party are on Oct. 3rd when would be a good time to mail them, Im wondering so I know when to start working on them, I guess I am more so worried this year because I have an 8 month old also and I am afraid I will not get them done in time or will start on them too late!

Jessy103

Asked by Jessy103 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• At least 4 weeks notice. It's the proper thing to do and gives your guest plenty of time to get a gift and make sure they have no plans or don't make plans for that day.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I always send party inventions out between 3-4 weeks before the party so everyone can RSVP a week to week in a half before, so I know what i need for everyone and have enough food and what not. I hope that helps you some.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:06 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• in our town i have noticed most parents send invites 1 - 2 weeks before.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• 1-2 weeks is not cool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• The last child's party we were invited to gave 5 days notice. Wow. Not cool. I have 3 kids, and 1 car. My husband had to work and I had no time to go to the store and get a present and we had already made plans for that day. I had to decline even though it was my daughter's best friend.

I would think that 3-4 weeks would be appropriate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Thanks gals! i was thinking sending them out the first week in sept then! thats what I did for his other 2 parties, just wanted to make sure I didnt look like a nutcase and send them out too early but wanted to make sure I wasnt sending them too late.
    Jessy103

Answer by Jessy103 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I'd send them out the beginning of Sept., so if your anything like me, you'd better start working on them now!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2009