Unbelievable!

Has anyone seen the story about some adults letting a rat chew off the toes of a baby? I mean, WTH-how can people be like this? What do you think their punishment should be? Here is the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090722/ap_on_re_us/us_rat_bites

jkt747

Asked by jkt747 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Can I have the baby??????
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Ugh, I saw a post about it a few days ago on here and I can't bring myself to look at the story because it is so upsetting. Is the poor little baby okay? How did the parents defend not knowing that their baby was being tortured by vermin?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:54 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! AND SHE HASN'T BEEN CHARGED YET??? THIS IS WHY SOME PEOPLE SHOULDN'T HAVE KIDS.

Answer by older at 10:54 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• The baby is in fair condition. The mother is a juvenile and they didn't say if/when charges would be pressed. And from what I read in this story the parents haven't said anything. Unfortunately, there is another couple involved-apparently this happened at their trailer. The baby's mom and 18 yo father were staying with them....soooooo sad!
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• The article is very short and safe to read. Actually it is lacking in alot of informaiton. We don't know that they knew this was happening. I personally suspect drugs, but hey maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. Why don't we wait for the facts before we going sentencing them. Obviously they are guilty of neglect, but if they knew and did nothing or thought it was funny, well I can't think of a punishment harsh enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Poor baby. How long had this poor child had to have been lying there screaming for a rat(s) to bite off all of her toes on one foot?
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• The poor baby is only 6 weeks old! She will be crippled for life because of the neglect of her parents and the other adults in the home that should have been protecting her. How can people live with RATS in the home and not know or even worse, know and not care? I very much doubt all the damage to the baby was done in one night, or between one feeding and the next. They had to know she was being chewed on. How does a person not know their baby has been bitten by some filthy wild animal and not take it to the nearest hospital immediately? Some things are just incomprehensible.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:33 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• If they new and were alloiwing this though I believe it would hard to miss then I believe the same should be done to them.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• They should throw the parents is a room full of starving rats and let them nibble of their toes, fingers, nose and whatever else they feel like eating...those parents are just sick.
    vanessa432

Answer by vanessa432 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• pagan_mama:

Some people have Pet rats...Its a good possiblity that they could have been pets.
    And yes rats could chew off toes in a night....If rats can chew through steel drain pipes chewing off fleshy toes is not going to take long.

These are some nasty people...Your baby would be SCREAMING at the point why wouldnt you check on you child?
    babonwy

Answer by babonwy at 12:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2009