How do you know that what is in the Bible is what God really wanted?

The Bible was written & rewritten by those in the service of God, but I'm just wondering how do we know that what is written is really Gods word. I know that you're suppose to believe that it's Gods word, but really HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• faith!!
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 5:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• If you read it through, you will see although it took a long time and different authors that is all flows together.It has to be God inspired. It has forty authors but one author. It took over 1000 years to write the Bible.
    Check it out for yoursel!!!!!!!!!!
    NanaJoan2007

Answer by NanaJoan2007 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Try reading the last few pages of your bible ...it will help you with understanding the editing of the bible. Rev. 22:18-19. Good Question to ask...I am sure many wonder the same thing.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 5:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Nobody really KNOWS that any of it is what any so called GOD wanted. There is no absolute proof. If there were there wouldn't be so many denominations and different beliefs.
    If it were all cut and dry everyone would believe the same thing, there would be NO questions for doubt, therefore, nobody knows.
    phazed.0ut

Answer by phazed.0ut at 7:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• It start's by faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God. As you start allowing christ to work in your life, through obedience to his word, you begin to see changes in your opinions, attitudes, life style etc... As the relationship between christ and you develop he starts to give you revelation and understanding. When we turn our eyes to the Lord, he brings light to things we did not understand, and show's us things we could not see.
    dove65

Answer by dove65 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• FAITH
    leannamama

Answer by leannamama at 9:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• You should research the cannonization process. I believe that the books that are included in our current Bible are the correct ones. I know that they are the Word of God. I know based on research on the process of cannonization and also based on the content. Nothing in the Bible contradicts the nature of the God I know.
    FriendlyJas

Answer by FriendlyJas at 9:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• You do not know for sure. Actually the bible is a collection of different peoples interpretations of what happened during the bible days. There are a few books in the bible that have the same story but told from a different view by different people in the bible. Its an amazing Book. Its written from peoples recollection. Just like if you and your friends tell old high school stories and someones story is not quite like yours but its the same thing, I believe that's how the bible is. People wrote how they remembered. Join a bible study group.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 11:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I don't. I am only human and so are the writers. But, if I believe God is all powerful, I believe he has control over what was written and how it was interpreted through the years. In the case of being a Christian, I can ask for discernment to reveal what is true and was is not. If we accept whatever is presented to us, that is foolishness.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 11:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• the bible has not been rewritten. it has been retranslated. take the niv verson. a group of schlors from various denominations were chosen to retranslate the bible. they took the oldest records and each person translated from the orginal language. the men then got together and compared their translations. where there was no difference that was the translation. If the translations differed then the one most often translated was used and the differences were footnoted.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2008