Fianc'ee,Fianc'e?

How long do you all thing you should be engaged? What I mean is do you thing an engagement should stretch out for years and years.
IMO, If he asked you to marry him.The wedding should be know more then a year away.

Asked by louise2 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I have to agree that once you're engaged you should get married. We got married 4months after being engaged. But I also believe in abstinence before marriage so a long engagement is just asking for trouble. JUST MY BELIEF!
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 10:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think it all depends on your circumstances. Are you financially able to support a household? Have you finished your education? Can you afford health insurance?

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 10:49 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My fiance and I have been engaged for a couple years because we just don't have the money to have a wedding. I just got my rings the beginning of this year because of no money. I wear my set (engagement and wedding band) and he wears a wedding band though.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• A wedding does not make a marriage. Me and my DH went to the court house and spent around $30 on our wedding. Been married 20 years.

Answer by louise2 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• If u have no money, then elope.. why does society say there has to be a grand wedding to be married? Who needs money to get married?
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 11:00 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think you can stay engaged as long as you want. I think that it all depends on money too. My finac'e and i have been engaged since chirstmas, but have no set a date yet because we dont have the money. Both of our families are going to contribute to the wedding, but we are going to pay fo rthe majority of it. Also, I'm still in school and we want to wait til im finished to get married. We are commited to each other, and are going to be together for th rest of our lives. We already tell people we meet we're married cause it just makes things easier.
    Ang2401

Answer by Ang2401 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think it depends on the circumstances. My hubs and I were engaged for 8 months before we married. I was in college and I wanted to wait until after graduation to get married.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My husband and I were "engaged" for 3 months or so, we basically eloped. But I had let my family talk me into talking him into getting married before the baby was born, which was stupid. Now I wish I had waited to have a wedding, we fully intended to get married regardless of the fact that we were having a baby together. So I am saying that whatever makes you happy is what you should do, you don't want to look back on what is supposed to be a happy time with regret.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 11:48 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• We were engaged for 2 years. While I knew he was the one for me, I wanted to wait until I was closer to reaching my educational goals. At the time I was a student and he had a great job. If we had been married, I would not have gotten the financial aid I would need to continue my education since his salary would have been factored in. Once my financial aid was set for my last year, we got married. It also gave us 2 years to save up for a nice wedding and even better honeymoon!

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• me and mu dh we engagged for 3 monthsbefor we got married my ex's lil sister got engaed and married in two weeks she married a service man...i think short engments r better i have long engaments befor and things for got stressed to the point where i called off the weeding a couple times so when dh asked me to marry him i said yes if we can get married soon.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2009