My daughter is just about to enter her sixth month of life.She is reaching all her developmental milestones well.However, she is very LOUD. She yells all the time.She is not upset or sad when she is doing this, she seems happy. She does make baby noises, but most of the day she is yelling. She doesnt have anything wrong with her hearing, so dont suggest that.Are these normal behaviours? She yells so much she coughs, it must be hurting her throat! Does anyone else have a baby do this?

LeahsMama

Asked by LeahsMama at 11:06 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I once posted a question like yours: My son would yell so loud that people would think that someone was hurt him them now he is 13 month and he is my angel. Don't worry mom it is just a phase. Ah! And don't make a big deal out of it, she will keep doing it just to see your reaction. Babies are amazing! don't you think? :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• The beginning stages of life are just one huge science experiment for baby's/toddlers. She is screaming because something about it fascinates her. Maybe it's your reaction, maybe she just thinks it's cool that she can be that loud, maybe she likes hearing her own voice.....or maybe she was singer in her past life....lol. For instance, when baby's throw food, or objects....they are doing it to see what will happen. they're learning physics when they throw stuff. Although. to most parents it is pretty annoying, to kids....they are actually learning something. Maybe try whispering to her when you talk. Do the opposite & see if she follows. Also, try ignoring her when she screams. If she is fine & dandy when she screams, then leave her be. A reaction to her of any kind might encourage her, because she is understanding that she herself can make a reaction. Good luck, she'll get over it! Maybe some ear plugs for now?

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:12 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• LOL...my 8 month old granddaughter yells all the time! It 's normal....but annoying!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My 6 month old son yells all the time! Its cute but like your lo he coughs sometimes if he does it for too long. Its just a stage I have read. He doesn't say any thing like ma, ba, da or anything but its coming cuz he is trying to make sounds similar to those sounds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I am going with the singer in the past life suggestion! Yes they all do it, my 11 month old SQUEALS like a banshee!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:42 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My neice squeals all the time-- especially when she's happy. She's just testing out her body, and trying everything she can do. It's nice that she does it when she's happy and not when she's upset.

When she's upset, she growls-- like a dog. It's really funny.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Its normal, my 4 month old does it too. She doesnt cry at all, she just screams..she has different tones when she's happy, hungry etc..
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 4:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2009