what is the best cassarole you make with rice?

it was on sale so i bought alot and need to use it up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Rice, lasts a long time. My aunt fries and drains hamburger, spinach and seasoning and adds it to cooked rice mixed with parmesan cheese. She puts it in a casserole dish topped with cheese and bakes to warm through, It is sooo yummy.

You can make porcupine meatballs, stuffed shells, stuffed peppers. Cheesey broccoli casserole. Spanish rice.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Broccoli Rice and Cheese Casserole! Its AMAZING!!! You can make it a lot of different ways too!
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 11:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Chicken, broccoli, cream of chicken soup!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I lkie to make shish ka- OFF the bobs. I grill (or make in the skillet) teriaki chicken. Just brown chicken breasts in some oil and cut it up, stir in KC masterpiece Teriaki sauce. Saute veggies. We like carrots, celery, onion, bell pepper and pineapple. My dd prefers broccoli. I like to make this in a grill basket in the summer. It is easier than putting it all on a shishka bob stick. Then serve with rice and soy sauce.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Not exactly healthy, but very popular with my crowd:

8 oz velveeta
    1 package of frozen broccoli (around 12-14 oz)
    1 can cream of broccoli soup
    1 can cream of whatever other vegetable you've got soup
    1-2 C cooked, cold rice
    1 onion coarsely chopped
    salt and pepper to taste

In a saucepan, put cheese, soups, and onion until you get a lovely cheesey "soup"
    Add broccoli and rice, salt and peper to taste
    When everything is nice and homogenous, pour entire pot into a casserole dish
    Bake either covered or uncovered at 350 until hot-- everything's cooked, you're just infusing the flavors. I usually do it for about 30 minutes.

You can easily make this the night before, too, and bake in the morning.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• We love rice at my house, so we always use it up. This is my favorite casserole:

Bell pepper casserole
    1 lb. ground beef (seasoned) –cook and drain
    Add to beef:
    1 onion
    1 bell pepper
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 cup rice
    1 cup water

Cover and simmer 20 min. on low heat till rice is done. Top with cheese and melt. - “2 cups” cheddar

*If serving in hollow bell peppers precook pepper cups in boiling water (salted) for 5 min. Add rice mixture, top with cheese and bake for 10 min

Also this one: CHICKEN AND RICE
    3 or 4 chicken breasts
    11/2 cups of rice
    1 can cream of celery soup
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    2 soup cans of water
    1 package of Lipton onion soup
    Place rice on the bottom of a large baking dish. Pour half of the soups and water mixed over rice. Then arrange chicken pieces over soup and water mixture. Then pour remaining soup/wate
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Green Chile Casserole.  Here's a link to the recipe and a picture.  Happy Cooking!

http://www.justamomha.com/pantry-gourmet/2009/07/green-chile-casserole/

justamomHA

Answer by justamomHA at 1:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I cook rice on the weekends and freeze for quick weeknight stir-fries.

I LOVE rice pudding.

This casserole is very yummy: Also, very good for you-low in fat, high protein! *a note on the basil-if you've got fresh-use it! about 1/4 cup if fresh
    Spinach & Rice Casserole
    1 small onion, diced
    3-4 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
    1 teaspoon basil
    1 teaspoon oregano
    8 ounces soft tofu, drained
    2 cups cooked brown rice
    10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed & drained
    1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
    Salt & pepper
    Sesame seeds

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• In large saucepan, cook onion & garlic till tender in oil-do not brown. Add UNDRAINED tomatoes & oregano & basil. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered about 3 minute.

Meanwhile, place tofu in food processor or blender-process 'till smooth (I use a fork or let my daughter squish it). Add to tomato mixture. Stir in cooked rice, spinach, HALF of Swiss, salt & pepper.
    Lightly grease (olive oil pam works well) an 8"x 8" or 9"x9" casserole. Spoon in mixture & top w/ remaining cheese & a Tbs or 2 of sesame seeds.

Bake, uncovered @ 350* for 30-40 minute.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2009