How to go on?

I know many others have to be dealing with this too. How can you? how do you go on? Your DH is out of work for quite some time. There's no Jobs out there at all. You don't have A good vehicle to even go any where to search. Bills are piling up. Everything is wrong at home. Nothing is going right! No one understands. Meanwhile you also are jobless. You are unwell. All of your medical needs haven't been cared for or met in many years. Your health is just deterioating & getting worse. You're Sad. Unable to do things. Lost interest in life and doing things. You can't clean or keep up. You aren't even cooking. Everything is just overwhelming! You feel hopeless. Even your DH is depressed. You're in a home of pure sadness & depressed! You have no friends. No care system. No church to care! No one can Help. Its gone on for too long. What can you do to pick up each other up? When you're just too tired. Its just existing together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• time will tell. just hang in there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Wow, most of your issues sound just like mine! I totally feel you. You have to know that life changes all the time, that is life, so this too shall pass. You still have your love for each other, right? My dh was unemployed for about a year and a half, then he got on through a temp agency...just yesterday they told him the company that he's been working at is going to hire him on! WOOHOO! I have been through everything you have said...PM me if you need to talk.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• you do have your plate full.... but like anything else take baby steps... first as a team write down just some small goals... per day... even if it is just to get up out of bed, make the bed and vac the house... the next day add something to this list, by the weeks end your house will be clean, this will help you feel alittle better... contact you local agencies... get on some public assistance... food stamps, housing, cash assisitance... these are things that can help you get ontop of things... your health is very important... some places have free clinics that could check you out and give you some help with your medical... if you are sick check into the state health program we have medicaid here that adults can get on to get medical help... taking action will inturn help you feel better.... good luck and chat if you need to...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 11:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Well, first of all, nothing CAN'T be fixed. I just went through a worse situation with my daughter. And, no you are not without a church. Churches will get involved and help out, even if you are not their patron. Most cities have some kind of "First Call For Help" Hotline. Call them and see what they can do in your situation. Have you applied for state aid? Also, don't be afraid to go to the local food pantries. It's tough. So many people are in your situation right now. Hang in there. We will say a prayer for you!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Have you thought about working from home? The economy is horrible right now and they are about to cut my husbands hours back so we needed another source of income to make up the difference. We cannot afford for him to lose any hours!!! We are like everyone else in America living from paycheck to paycheck. You should look for work online. You can check out my site www.workathomeunited.com/heathers There are alot of work at home jobs but you have to find them. This company that I am with does not require a huge start up fee like most other ones. There is no selling, stocking, or delivering any products. You should really check it out. You could earn a 500.00 bonus this month! Plus what you would normally make.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• see if there is anyone from here who lives close to you who you can get together with and just talk to. I know how hard it is, i have been through it. churches are a good place to be connected. look at a church close to you that has small groups which is a great way to get connected quickly. churches alos are there to help or can point you in the right direction.like i said I have been there so if you want to talk just email me.
    biblebowlmom

Answer by biblebowlmom at 1:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help CafeMoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 1:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Patience654

Answer by Patience654 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2009