Please let me know if I am delusional, be honest... PLEASE

My daughter just turned six months. She says "hi" appropriately and clearly.

Is this really possible or just a reoccurring coincidence?

I just really don't want to embarrass myself in from of other people cuz I am telling them my daughter said her first word at six months if it not even possible.... you know?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 11:34 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• of course it is possible....thats great you have a smarty
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:35 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• im not sure on this one i mean sometimes we really think our kids are saying something but there not. like with aiden he is about to be 9 months old and it sounds like hes say mm k..or ok sometimes. and even tho he says da dahe doesnt do it often enough for me to think hes really saying it. soo i would say that it most likly is babling but it sounds like hi. just like with aiden i know its bable but it sounds like mm k and da da.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My son was saying Kitty at 5 1/2 to 6 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Well, you possibly could not be delusional. My daughter said her first word at 9 months, & her first word was Buddha. She had pointed to a statue of Buddha & said "Buddha" everyone said that i was delusional, but i know what she said. She said it every day for like a month. Baby's are very much able to make all kinds of noises at 6 months. She could have said hi, & by your reaction kept saying it. Or she could have said it by accident, but recognized the word so she went w/ it. I doubt your being delusional. Its not like "hi" is a hard word to say. Just don't rub it in too much, you don't want to make other moms feel like they're baby is behind. Your daughter could just be one of those that is very verbal, some kids advance verbally earlier than others.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:40 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It's possible :D My daughter has said "HI!" once or twice in response to people. I don't know if it's just a lucky chance or if she's really communicating with us. She'll be seven months old on the 26th.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Sure it's possible! My son was saying 'hi' and 'dada' for the longest time! Congrats!!!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Yes I belive it could be true. My daughter said Boo, Ma, Da Da at 6 months!! I even have it on video cause I thought I was nuts too.!
    Yebbers

Answer by Yebbers at 11:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Its Very Possible, she probably is saying it, my daughter was say 3 words by 7 months, she started saying dada, at 5 months. It was very clear as well.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It is possible that she put the sounds together to form the word hi. If I remember right though, it's not considered her first word until she says it in the right context.
    Anonymous

• My nephew was saying five different and clear words at eight months, besides the normal momma and dadda. He started by saying hi at six months, and then that was followed by... fish, whatsthat, byebye, weea (olivia their dog).
    Sometimes babies are very verbal early. Good for your LO.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2009