What kind of bite do you think this is?

I think this happened like a month ago. I had 2 tiny little bug bites next to eachother. When I woke up the next day the 2 tiny bites were one huge lump, probably about the size of a half dollar coin. It hurt and was itchy for 4-6 days. Then it started to bruise. Now the bump is gone but there is a pinkish brown spot where the bite was. It isn't itchy or anything, just a spot on my skin. I never had a bite like this before.

The only critters I know of in my apartment are centipedes, jumping spiders, little yellow/brown spiders, and silverfish bugs. Oh and of course the mosquitos outside. Don't freak out, there aren't and brown recluse spiders here. I thought maybe it was from a centipede, but I don't know if they can even bite.

What do you think it could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I believe it is most likely a spider bite, but I couldn't tell you which kind. My husband had this same thing happen to him last year, in the middle of his forehead. Except his scabbed over instead of bruising, and now he has a depression in his forehead where the scab was.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 11:53 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Sounds like what is now just a tiny reddish bump with a 'blackish spot' in the middle of my daughter's foot. I'm thinking a spider bite.She was kinda...not wanting to walk on that foot for a lil while,but she is doing fine now.And no...we didn't bother to take her to the doc as there was no fever,no 'out of the ordinary' symptoms.She's fine.
    starrsun

Answer by starrsun at 12:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• lol wher eu from we have the same thing happen here except it was mulitple bite...first they started on me and then they moved to my dd i took her to the dr but all they said it was a bite of some sort...i just put hydrocortizone on it to prevent itching ad gave her childerens benydril for the reaction if u find out let me know so i can kill the little bugger...lol
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It could be your jumping spider depending on type. I don't think centipeds bite it is there feet that are poisonious. It is defenately a spider. Definately browm recluse the discription is way off.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Sounds like spider bite to me. I got one on my back last year. It started out itching, then went to itching and hurting with a big bump, then went to a hurting bump, then, slowly, went away. It drove me NUTS! I couldn't actually see it since it was on my back, but my dad told me it looked like a wolf spider bite, which i a very common spider in Indiana, I would suggest researching the kinds of spiders you saw in your apartment and see what type they are. Then, you can figure out how to treat the bite from there.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Could be just about any type of bug bite. Clean it with rubbing alcohol and put some neosporin or other type of antibiotic ointment on it. If it gets bigger, more painful, pussy, or you start to run a fever then you will need to see a doctor.
    Hope they heal and go away soon!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2009