My Friend Got Mad When She Found Out I Was Pregnant

We were friends for 7 years. I am married and and happy. She said she was happy but then started acting weird, mean and rude. She actually would post things on myspace like "hating babies". I understand that she doesn't want kids, but I don't understand how any of this has anything to do with her.

I also didn't obsessivly talk about being pregnant or anything that would make her feel pushed away.

She also got mean when she found out a few years ago that I was getting married (and she doesn't have a problem with him).

Everyone says she's just jealous, is that the case? We haven't spoke in over a month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• My supposed best friend dropped me like a hot potato cuz she "hates babies and kids". If she was your real friend, she'd be happy for you and stop being so jealous and childish.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 11:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Maybe she is not jealous of you, but maybe she is jealous of your baby. She may think that you are never going to have time for her because you will be to busy with your family. If she doesnt want you to be happy, then she is not really that great of a friend, is she?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Some people are just too selfish to get settled. Is she a party type? Because that would make perfect sense for how she's acting. She probably feels like you would "hold her down" or something... I dunno. She will either come around eventually, or you will find better friends.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:52 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• She may feel like she is losing you. It is hard to completely relate and stay friends with people who are in completely different places in their lives. My best friend doesn't have kids and doesn't know when she will try, and it makes it hard to talk to her about some stuff. Most of the friends I have made recently are all married with kids.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 11:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• could she have a crush on you?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I don't think so....she likes her share of men. She does like to run around and still act like she's in high school.

The funny thing is, she has another friend who found out a month before me she's pregnant and hers was accident. Shes even closer to her now. Mine wasn't an accident and she wrote me off ): I am so confused.
    Anonymous

• it sounds like your "friend" is stuck in a negitive place in her life and is not wanting you to move on without her.... many people are not parent material but that does not effect their friendships... I would let her know how much you value her friendship but move on to adding friends to your life, if she comes along in a possitive mind set great, if not don't let her take your happy life down to her unhappy level... having a child is wonderful... enjoy it...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 12:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Sounds like a very negative person. She coule be jealous, or maybe she thinks you having a husband/baby will take you away from her. She sounds like one of those emotional vampires that drains everyone. I would keep my distance from someone who could be that negative. If she loved you, she would rejoice about your happiness.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Agree with pps, she sounds very negative. If she was your real friend she would be happy for you whenever you have good news. I would try and keep my distance from her, this should be a happy moment in your life. Don't let anyone ruin that for you!
    Anonymous

• yeah the husband and child thing takes away from the attention you give her so I'd say it's jealousy

Answer by admckenzie at 12:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2009