What are good lunches that don't have to be kept cold?

I am trying to give up fast food but the problem is I am out of the house a lot at lunch time. What can I carry for me and my 15 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You can make a tral mix that would be easy to grab and go with nuts nad oats in it. Recipes online to suit your taste. Nuts are always good, fruit, rice cakes, granola bars. You can also freeze juice boxes or water bottles and they will be cold when you get there. hold them away from you cause they will spill a little when you open them. PB and honey sandwich. If you toast bread it wont be soggy when you are ready for it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• PB and jelly, if you put PB on both sides of the bread it will keep it from being soggy. Crackers or pretzels are good as well.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 12:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Some sandwiches (PB and J, Cheese) , pizza, fruits and veggies. Not too long ago I found a great site that sells insulated lunch totes that look like cute purses.

http://www.builtny.com/

I'm gonna get one! That might be an alternative. I mean, you don't want to carry around a little icechest, but a cute purse that keeps food cold would work!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I have a large list of bagged lunches that I have assembled over the years; send me a message if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• crackers, cheese, meat circles ( use a small glass to cut circles out to fit the cracker, yogurt raisins, homemade granola or snack mix
    pudding cups, nutrigrain bars, tortilla cream cheese roll ups, cut into circles

fruit cups, pbj!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jul. 24, 2009