My 11-year-old is very sweet, but still talks in a childs high-pitched squicky voice, what should I do?

Hollytree

Asked by Hollytree at 12:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I dont think there is anything you can do. You could take her to a doctor. But that might just be her voice.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Hey Neighbor, I was looking at your profile and noticed that we are geographically close...I am in GJ. It is always nice to see people from around here!

Anyway to answer your question, sometimes it is just their way to speak in higher pitch voices, hopefully she will out grow it, but I don't think there is much to do about it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Nothing. Its normal.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 4:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Boy? Girl? Either way puberty probably hasn't set in yet so I'm not sure what you really expect...the kid is not an adult so don't expect an adult voice.
    paralegal09

Answer by paralegal09 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Nothing. If it is being done on purpose, ignore it until he/she talks nicely.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Not much you can do. If it continues you can have a dr. look at it. (As a side note it reminds me of the book A Prayer for Owen Meaney)
    beanielips

Answer by beanielips at 10:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Is it a boy or girl? At 11 it's still possible that puberty hasn't fully set in. Alot of guys I know didn't have their voice change until 13, 14 and some even 15. My bf's little brother is 16 and just within the last year has his voice started changing and getting deeper.

Same if it's a girl, Some people just have naturally higher pitched voices. You never know if you're truly concerned ask their doctor. But if it were me I wouldn't worry about it. My voice still can get somewhat high pitched if I get upset about something and people usually tell me when on the phone I sound really young (and i'm 21.)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:49 AM on Jul. 23, 2009