sad

i am sad and very lonely.nobody visits me.i suffer from depression.i dont know what to do.i am to afraid to do what i want to do...people dont like me.i dont get it.they drive by and nothing.no one stops to say hi or by.so here i sit behind my computer ready to get bashed and make my life a little more livible???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I journal every morning a motivational thought... check it out... let something possitive start your day and keep it going that way... depression can easily take you down... fight it off with a possitive word ... blog on you computer to only possitive people, keep only those type of people around you, write down some things that you enjoy doing... cooking, gardening, making something... what ever brings you joy and do it two to three times a day when you feel overwhelmed..... make every day the best you can and before long every day will be your best... keep in touch...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 12:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• If you love yourself, it will show & others will love you. If you do not love yourself, that will show too & others will learn to not love you. First poster is right. Start writing down how you feel, every day. Make a list of everything you like about yourself. Read it every day, & you can add more things to it as your self esteem comes back. Also, do nice things for others ANONYMOUSLY. You can't take credit for it because that defeats the purpose of making yourself feel better. If you tell everyone of your good action, then your doing it for attention & to get people to like you. Go out, do something good. Bring a homeless person some food, donate to your local animal shelter. Heck adopt a cat. Doing good for others is a good step in making you feel better about yourself. It actually works. Keep your head up, & write down what you like about yourself. Good luck!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• at first I thought this was me writing this post but the difference is ppl do like me but they still don't stop! I'm sort of used to it by now. The key to fighting depression is movement. If you need meds then by all means go get them. I won't take prescriptions meds but do take over the counter 5htp and vit B complex for my depression. Also consider another type of depression is circumstantial. It sounds like yours might be just that. I tell my children when you are unhappy with something then make a change. It can be a small change but change something so the cycle you are in won't keep repeating. Also, I've always been told to give what you need. By that I mean, if you want company then go out and be company to others. If you want phone calls then call others. If all else fails then go volunteer and help others. You will be appreciated and given lots of attention then. If it gets too bad, pm me. We'll get thru it together

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I have a dear friend who has lost all of her friends....except me, & I struggle to stay friends ....because of her depression. When anyone talks to her it's so depressing, & it's become a one way friendship. I feel like I can't tell her the good things in my life because her life is so depressing & I feel like I'm rubbing my happiness & good fortune in her face....I also can't call her when I need support, because her life is so hard that it's always worse than mine.

She won't get help....& when someone won't help themselves, it's really hard for their friends to help them.

So basically, please get help. Please take action. Be a good friend to your friends in order to keep them. Friendship has to go both ways. Find something positive in your life, something to do that gives you confidence & joy, & you will have more friends in your life. And....if you need help to get to the point where you can do that.....GET HELP!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• So am I sad too! However, am married I allow him to mental abuse me! This has been going on for 20 years… He allow our son who is now in college disrespect the both of us… and when he were at home he smoked weed in the house and hubby did nothing about it I was too afraid to say a nothing. When and if I did our son would destroy the house.. We would have $ 1,00.00 of dollar in damage! This went on for about 2
    Anonymous