do i still need 4 oz bottles?

my little guy - 7 weeks today!! :) - is taking 5 oz every 3-4 hours and i give him 6 oz at bedtime. Before he was born a friend of ours gave us a ton of plastic 4 oz bottles for the playtex drop ins - now i have all of these bottles, rings and caps along with 4 nipples and a package of the drop in liners.

will i need these for any reason?? should i donate them or sell them?? who would take them if i donate??

thanks ladies!!!

amw529

Asked by amw529 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can actually try to sell them on eBay - they seem to go for a decent price on there. But if your little one is taking more than 4 oz now, and has been for a while, you probably won't need them anymore... UNLESS... you are planning to have more babies later...
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It's good to hang onto a couple of those small bottles. My daughter is six months and occasionally she will wake up for a two or four oz midnight feeding.

I am taking most of her four oz bottles into work today with a free sign on them.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Keep one or two for when baby learns to hold his own bottle. Sometimes those bigger ones are harder to hold nad they feel like they've accomplished so much when they hold those little ones up in their air :)
    Anonymous

• You could keep them for when you introduce juice
    Anonymous

• I've kept ours for my granddaughter because she sometimes drinks 4 oz for a small feeding or only drinks 2 oz of water. I'll use them when she begins juice, too.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Never put juice in a bottle. Helps rot their teeth faster. I'd keep it for just in case.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• If you plan on having more kids, save them! I'm saving all my bottles because we want to have another in a year or two. If not, sell or donate. I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to buy.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I'd keep them. When he gets to the eating food stage at that time he may want less to drink with his cereal etc.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• not planning on any more - he's my miracle baby at 38 :)
    also, would juice work with a "drop in" - let me be clear these aren't full bottles just the plastic outside for the liners :) i do have 5 oz full bottles for now so those are also small....
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• What do you mean would it work? Yeah you can put juice in there but its bad for his teeth.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 25, 2009