• In the Spotlight:

Sizing for the next year on shoes?

So I am wanting to start hitting up the sales. But I want to shop for next summer. So I just need to know if you usually buy a size or two bigger on shoes? Clothing I usually shop a size bigger, but I think sometimes the feet grow different. Like right now my daughter is almost on the edge for 7's so I'm thinking about getting 8's for winter. So should I get 9's for summer next year? What about boots for winter. With extra socks should I go with 9 of get 8's. I wish clothing sizes were easier. But each child grows so differently. I have noticed at the end of each season they have really great sales. So I need to start shopping by them. As our budget is really tight. Thanks:)

DAH02

Asked by DAH02 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Shopping

• This is a risky proposition. Kids feet sometimes have huge spurts and sometimes stay the same size for a year or more. I don't recommend risking this

Answer by rkoloms at 1:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I always buy a shoe size no matter what in case my kids feet grow. I don't know about the next summer. Your kid could end up like my son and grow 2 shoe sizes in a few months. LOL.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Ooops. Sorry I meant I always buy a size bigger then what they wear when buying shoes.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009