Is there anyway to keep them in their diaper?! lol

So we have had the problem of my son ripping off his poopy diaper and running around the house with it ... with the little turds flying everywhere. Is there any way to get this to stop? Or should i just be patient and wait out the stage (atleast i'm hoping it's a stage)?

I guess atleast he usually puts his diaper in the diaper pail.

AirborneBratMom

Asked by AirborneBratMom at 1:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep a onesie or tight shorts on him. If he can't get to it he can't take it off. Also you could try putting the diaper on backwards so it is harder for him to get off.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Try putting it on backwards and now may be the time to take baby steps towards potty training!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 1:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My daughter is doing the same thing. It is just a phase but its an annoying phase. My 3 year old went through it and you kinda just have to deal with it. I have been told to duct tape their diaper on. With my youngest daughter I just try to keep onsies and a pair of pants on her. It has been helping
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 1:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My son takes his off when he's in bed! We had to start putting onesies on him - then he learned how to get those off. SOOO we started putting those big diaper pins through the snaps. That worked for a little while, then he learned how to get those out! THAT scared me - I was so afraid of him hurting himself... but he never did! THEN - we started putting the pin on the inside the snaps... until he started taking those out too!!!

So now, I just change the sheet (over & over) take him out of the bed... naked... and place him directly on the potty. Since we have started doing that, he has taken his diaper off in bed less and just waited for us to get him up & put him on the potty.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• pants!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• take the diaper away. either no diaper or underwear. How old? He's probably ready for potty training.
    Anonymous

• electrical tape..thats what we had to resort to it wont hurt his skin but will hold the diaper in place..simply take a long piece (long enough to go around his waist) and go around one time making sure you covered the tabs good try to do this below the top of the diaper as to not get it on the skin..good luck..
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• lol connors mom that is a great idea!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• lol thanks ladies!

and to the anonymous poster.. he's 17 months
    AirborneBratMom

Answer by AirborneBratMom at 12:46 AM on Jul. 23, 2009