More than one kid? Whos your fav?

so my mom said i was not her fav, it was my sister, my other sister and i were shocked she told us the truth.. An y wasnt i? I was the first born, i should have seen this coming when she forgets my birthday EVERY year.. lol

just wanted to know if anyone with more than one kid has a fav?

ArlieBeeMee

Asked by ArlieBeeMee at 1:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am so sorry that your mom could even think such a thing let alone say it out loud. I have 3 boys and they are truly all my "favorite".....and they each seem to believe they're my favorite....because they each say it. My oldest is my "favorite" because he was my first born child, his father and I divorced, and I always felt he was 'mine' and mine alone....my middle son is my "favorite" because when I remarried, he was the one who made us a family....tied us all by blood.....my 3rd son is my "favorite" because he is the 'baby'. He's the very last. But, I love them each for who they are....good things and challenges.....

Don't be afraid to have more children if you want to. They can all be your "favorite".
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• no way i could never pick favorites of my kids.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 1:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• i am pretty sure I was/am my mom's favorite -but she would never say that - another reason I am only having 1 child- it happens so often and my son is SO HARD - lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Both of my girls are my favorite people on the planet! I am sorry that you were told this, that would break my heart. I honestly don't know any of my friends that have more than one child that have a "favorite"....the love is equal. Although there may be qualities in each child that differs that you value, they should all receive the same amount of attention, love and nurturing as the other and should be seen as equals.
    Anonymous

• How awful! I have 2 kids, a boy and a girl, and couldn't possibly pick a favorite, they are both my favorite.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I HAVE THREE AND THERE IS NO FAVORITE, JUST DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES. I CAN'T SEE ANY PARENT LOVING ONE KID MORE THAN THE OTHER.

Answer by older at 1:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• They are each my favorite for different things on different days.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I couldn't pick a favorite. I was my mom's favorite until I stood up against her. My husband is my MIL's favorite.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I don't have a favorite. I have a unique relationship with each of my kids and some of them definitely have more friction than others, but I love them all the same.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I have three and don't have an overall favorite.

There is one with whom I enjoy doing science/research/learning.
    There is one with whomI enjoy doing math/puzzles/reading.
    There is one with whom I enjoy rough housing/cuddling/playing.

It's an interest/personality thing. If a certain activity comes up, I may have a "favored" one (not "favorite" one), but not an overall favorite.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2009