hello everyone, so I have a almost 1 year old and i just had my iud removed yesterday(which by the way was painless)I didn't even have spotting or cramps or anything. I've read things here and there that it hurts and the spotting afterwards is horrible(it's not, at lease with my expreience. well anyway I just wanted to know is it more common to have twins after removing your iud? and how long does it take to get your menstration back on track?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Was it a Mirena or Paragard?
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Is it more common to have twins? No. How long does it take? Its about the same as if you were going off any other form of BC which is different for everyone.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I was pregnant within a month of coming off Mirena, though they say it can take up to 3 months because of the hormones. I don't think twins are more common though.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It is not more common to have twins after coming off the IUD. I have the Paragard and the OB told me that you can get pregnant immediately after removal. There is no delay. But everyone is different.
    Anonymous

• I got my paragard removed june the 30th i had none of the side effects either, my first period after the removal was the same as before i just wasn't as heavy, you can get pregnant immediatley there is no three month wait because the paragard has no hormones in it it just slowly releases copper that kills the sperm once removed its instant
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2009