Ouch. How long did you cramp after you gave birth?

With my son I don't remember cramping that bad, but I also didn't breastfeed. Now I'm breastfeeding my daughter. I know that the cramping will subside, but every time I feed her it hurts so bad!!!! How long did this phase last for other mommies, just so I can see some light at the end of the tunnel?!

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 1:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes BF'ing helps the Uterus contract back down to normal size. So the BF'ing pains are bad at first. It gets better each time and is over in a few days. GL and congrats
    Anonymous

• i don't remember cramping at all, but i had a c-section and did not breast feed, and i'm 38 years old... also my period has not shown up yet - 7 weeks later...
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I'm breastfeeding and it seemed like every time I nursed for like the first week or so.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Even if you have a c-section or don't BF your uterus will need to go back to it's previous size. With each child the cramping is supposed to get worse and when you nurse it stimulates the uterus better. I think I cramped for about 2 weeks. I had a c-section and she was my first child. It was definately worse when I nursed than when I wasn't.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2009