So how DID you and your SO get together?

I was reading a post in the Buzz section about romantic stories about how people got together with their SOs. I laughed because I can't share my story with my older relatives because they would be shocked! My SO and I met in the parking lot of a bar. I actually asked one of his friends to approach a guy I had been fooling around with because he was with a girl, I didn't know if it was his girlfriend. Of course, SOs friend refused, then invited my friend and I to a party. So we went and SO caught my eye. We hooked up, I thought it was going to be a one night stand! He drove me home the next morning and here we are 5 yrs and 2 kids later! It's the stuff romance novels are made of..... : )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL I met my SO because he was really really good friends with my Fck buddy in college. My buddy wasn't too happy when we started dating lol
    Anonymous

• I met my husband through my sister she was dating his brother. My sister and his brother ended up getting married then 7 years later me and him got married as well. Hey it saved time on meeting my inlaws I had already known them for years!
    Nychic155

Answer by Nychic155 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I met my husband in high school. we were friends for a couple of years then we dated for two and got married. We've been married almost 6 years.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 1:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• We met on America Online!!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 1:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I met my hubby where i worked, i was the head chief at his fav place to eat.
    Anonymous

• He and I worked in the same office. :)

Answer by Bmat at 1:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• we met in 8th period study hall in highschool...I was a sophomore and 15 and he was a junior and 17...he'd had his eye on me since school started in Aug...and finally got the courage up to talk to me in Oct...the rest is history!
    almost 5yrs later we're still going strong and are more in love than ever!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My SO and I met on myspace. The space of love! Lmao!!
    Anonymous

• I was a cashier @ a Schlotzsky's & he came in for a job app. He got the job. We talked a little at work & about a month later, he asked me out on a date. I accepted, but he "stood me up" (aka, he had to work late). This was before cellphones were in every pocket, so I didn't know 'til around 11pm. He still wanted to pick me up that night, but I was ready for bed... so we went out the next night.

It'll be 13 yrs in Nov. We were 19.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• LOL I met my SO through his youngest brother...Who I was actually dating at the time. His youngest brother is my age. And SO is about 2 yrs older than me. We were introduced about 1 mo before I dumped his brother, and 3 yrs before I started dating my SO.

The very first night we hung out together, we were at one of our DF's houses. It was kind of a small party get-together like thing, and I had just went through a really horrible, and I mean horribleee, break-up with my EX. Every single girl at the party was all OVER him. I didn't even like him at the time...but I felt kind of bad for him, so I made sure every girl in there knew he was gona be mine. I wasn't even being serious lol.

Anyway, I ended up sitting on couch across from the chair he was sitting in...I was talking to him about nothing, and he reached over and just kissed me...I fell in love in literally a millisecond. I will never ever forget our first kiss :)
    queeeeeenb

Answer by queeeeeenb at 2:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2009