9 months...

My daughter is nine months and I just had a few questions... :)

1) What are they suppose to be eating?
-- I give her pretty much everything I eat like fruits and veggies and cheese (except nuts and honey- and things that are too hard for her to chew) Is that okay?

2)When and how does she start to use the spoon and fork?

POOP QUESTION #3... not going number three like one or two but question 3 :)

3)Her poop is like REAL poop. She went on the floor when she was crawling down the steps and it was like real human poop. I know she's human but she still has baby food and Breast milk so I thought it would be a different... is that normal? And then there's some real food in there. Looks like pieces that aren't digested? Is that normal too? You know how pieces of food are in the baby food- I don't think she digests it completely??

Thanks Ladies!!!

tbear2008

Asked by tbear2008 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All of these things are great & normal! I think you are doing great - and keep it up!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Everything is right on target. You can try her with a spoon now...don't expect much coordination for a long time.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Mine were on all table foods by 9 months, so go for it!

We gave a fork at about 11 months because it's easier to stab food than to scoop it. The spoon we started at about 18 months.

The more real food she eats, the more her poop will resemble yours. Yes it's pretty normal that there are still pieces of food in it. (there probably is in yours too...)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• All normal. I don't remember when I gave a spoon and fork, but my daughter is 20 months old and is still really bad at using them.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2009