How to handle a whining 7 month old?

I know he is only 7 months old and a lot of babies are moody, but has anyone had to deal with constant whining/ crying all day long? It's as if he doesn't know what he wants. It doesn't matter if I have fed him, changed him, played with him, he isn't running a fever or doesn't seem to be sick in anyway. I sometimes think he just wants attention cause when he whines its almost like he is laughing too, it always seems like it happens when Im about to do a chore of some sort. It driving me nuts, lol. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was like that. You put him in a swing or play pen where you know he's safe and let him cry. There is nothing wrong with that. You cannot possibly get all of your housework done and tend to every little cry at the same time. He needs to learn to soothe himself. If he doesn't learn it soon then he will continue to do this to you. It gets old fast, I know. Hang in there.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• You're right! He wants your constant attention.

Try to set limits. don't mind him whining just ignore him. As long as you know he is whining to get your attention. Just ignore him it will pass.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was the same way!!! She's nine months now-- it gets easier. Just show him some toys or try to keep him distracted... I know this sounds waay easier than it actually is. Sometimes, if he is okay, you might just want to leave him there and let him fuss. I did that with my daughter and I would run behind a wall and she would be start going into tears- then I would pop out and say PEEKABOO!! Her cry almost instantly turned into laughter. And then after a few times she would see her toys and start to play with them. Every kid is different too...

When I first read this, I thought he might be teething. That's usually the case with my daughter. You described her to the T so well right when she has a tooth coming in. Anytime she acted this way, I would notice a tooth within 2-3 weeks breaking the gums... that might be it
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Yep My son was/is like this - he's 20 months old but his ALL DAY stuff didn't get better til 18 months - I cried alot - and asked for help from my mom and sister so I could maintain my sanity.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2009