Can I mix pumped milk?

...from the fridge with fresh milk? What about mixing 2 frozen milk bags from the freezer?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cool to the same temp first. Fresh should NOT be poured into cooled milk. The temp changes can start bacteria growing.

Frozen can be combined.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think you can mix it with fresh milk-- if it's all from the same time. I'm not too sure though-- you can call Le Leche League-- they'll have the right answer for you. :) They helped me sooo much!! Good luck
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Deffinitely! I do it everyday and my daughter has never had a problem. Just becareful with mixing new milk with thawed milk. As you probably know thawed milk must be used within 24 hours. Therefore all the milk mixed in must be used. Basicly use the mixed milk by the oldest date and your good.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2009