Holy Basil?

I've been hearing a lot about holy basil (tulsi) lately in regards to it's effects on anxiety and depression. I want to know if anyone here has ever used it for similar things- or for anything, really. What were it's effects? Did you have any side effects? Would you recommend it for someone else?

I'm already being treated for depression and anxiety with an anti-depressant medication (Welbutrin) and a mood stabilizer (Seroquel), but it's not enough. However, if I get my dosage upped (which I have had done, but we went back to the previous dosage) I start to get completely numb/zombie-ish. So I want to add something to my medications, preferably natural, and this has come up several times. So tell me your experiences with holy basil!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Health

• Are you having therapy? Medicating depression without therapy is like giving pain meds for a broken leg without putting on a cast.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Yes, I am. Once a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jul. 23, 2009