Anyone take Zoloft while pregnant????

Anyone take Zoloft while pregnant?If so were there any side effects to your baby during delivery and or after.I am 28 weeks pregnant and took Zoloft before I was pregnant and asked my doctor could I get off the medication before I trying to conceive.With my doctors permission I was off Zoloft before I conceived but now I am starting to get really depressed again and feeling alone,sad,anxiety,and not wanting to leave my house.I am NOT having bad thoughts about being a parent I am very excited but everything else in my life seem hard.My baby is very healthy I am blessed to say and I am so worried about this medicine having a side effect on my baby.I heard it all from it is better to get help now and the benefits outweight the risk and all but I also heard mothers taking anxiety medicine while pregnant resulted in the baby being born with low heart rate and heart problems and the baby growing up having brain function problems.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can research drug information easily online, which is what I recommend. Make an informed decision - look at the side effect rates. Also, remember that most likely Zoloft (like most of the pharmacutial drugs out there) have NOT EVER been tested on fetuses. After all, how could they test them? Get a bunch of pregnant women together and tell them to participate in a study to see if this drug will hurt your baby or not? LOL, not many moms would be excited about that risk.
    In all honesty, there is not a good track record of pharmecutical drugs and their effects on unborn babies. Most of the time if there is a horrible side effect that harms the baby, it isn't found out until it happens, or after it happens many times.
    GL -I'm sorry you are feeling depressed :/
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I didn't take Zoloft while I was pregnant, but I did take Efferor XR with my first and Prozac with my second. My girls are fine, and I think quite clever. It is a scary thing to have to take meds when you have a little person inside of you, BUT it's even scarier having them outside of you and not being able to function because of your depression. If you are depressed now, chances are you will have at least some postpartum, and this is when you need your wits about you the most.
    My doctor told me with my first little one that sometimes the benefits outweigh the risks in that situation.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 3:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2009