This is getting out of hand! my 18 yr is having her friend shower here everyday...EVERYDAY!and gets mad and oes not get it when I tell her enough is enough

This friend doesn't even come in and say hi! it's like all of a sudden the downstairs shower is on and the girls car is outside. I will ask my daughter what is going on and she just lays there and and tells me "sally" is taking a shower and what is the big deal anyway.
I explain what the big deal is and she just blows me off......she is leaving in 29 days for collage so she will be moving on. FOR NOW I do not know how to get through to this girl that she needs to learn respect!! ohhh!! I cannot imagine her getting along with her 2 new roommates!! This girl is self absorbed like her dad! they both have no clue!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• does not get it...is what i meant
    Anonymous

• YOU need to go downstairs and turn the shower off and tell her she needs to leave. Obviously your daughter doesn't pay the water bill, you do. They both need to get the hell out until they can learn to respect your rules. You should quit asking or referencing this with your daughter who doesn't respect your rules either. Kick them both out.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I would sit down with sally and make sure there isnt something going on at home that she feels like she cant take a shower there and if you find out nothing is going on then i would tell the friend that she is no longer allowed to shower at your home and that it costs money etc etc and explain to your daughter in no uncertain terms will the behavior continue and if she wants to rent out the shower to everyone then she can start paying for the water, heat, etc involved in taking a shower
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 2:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• She may be 18 but its still your house. Tell her the girl isnt allowed to shower there anymore because its just a little strange. Is the girl homeless or what? is she running from someone? She could be attracting some problems to your home. Your Daughter still has to respect your rules. I would demand to know why she must shower at your home everyday or she isnt allowed back at all, cause it is a little strange. Have a talk with your DH too maybe he can help
    Anonymous

• OP HERE: yes I'm getting more mad by the minute esspecially since our hot water comes from a propane tank that is running low.
    Anonymous

• Nevermind "Sally". Aren't you the adult in all of this? Isn't it your house? Tell Sally no.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:50 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• how sad that you would deny someone the use of a shower. Right now you could be getting blessed for allowing it but you are ruining it by complaining. What if sally is homeless or doesn't have the gas money to get home to shower and stinks? Where is your compassion? If you'd open up your heart to Sally then God would probably fill up your propane tank as a blessing or Thank you for your kindness. Now I'm not sure what will happen.
    Anonymous

• Take the shower head off the downstairs shower. It's a passive way to deal, but it will work!
    jilly558

Answer by jilly558 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I'm curious to know why she's taking a shower there too. If your daughter is blowing it off, maybe she's just doing it to protect "sally"?
    Anonymous

• Um, so what. A shower? Really? And you can't wait for your daughter to get out? You have more issues than just an extra shower a day, lady.
    Anonymous