Would you name one benefit that the baby/child gets from having mom at home full time?

1.- I would say Breastfeeding is one huge benefit. Not only the child gets his nutrition but the maternal-child connection.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• When they're sick everything doesn't have to be thrown off and you don't have to rush them getting better and going back because you can't miss too much work.

Also they don't get sick as much. When I could stay home with my daughter, she almost never got sick, last winter (she was in daycare) it seemed like as soon as she got over one thing, she got antoher.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Stability and security, continuity.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Just the attention and the patience that is more likely there if they are home with mom. I worked in daycare and even though my son was in my room I hated that he was even there to begin with. When I had 4 other one year olds that all need my attention I felt that I could not give him what he needed, let along give them all what they needed. After being there all day I was so tired my patience was definitely lacking when I got home in the evening, which I am sure is the case with anyone with a stressful job. I know personally, that my children are better off, in a better environment with me now being a stay at home mom.
    Anonymous

• No doubt that the togetherness is different. Yes, there's definitely continuity. I'm not so certain about the stability and security. In our home, we'd be much LESS secure if not for my paycheck and would probably have to relocate. That would be a serious problem.

Breastfeeding is still 100% possible with a working mom. Been there done that.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• having only one "mom". Daycare has several women watching them during the day and it has to be confusing as to who is the real "mom" for them.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My sister works full time and still breastfeeds. I stay home and opted to not breastfeed (not going to explain none or your business). Our kids are all thriving and doing well. A former friend of mine should put her daughter in daycare she ignores her all day so she can be on Cafemom, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and so she can watch TV. If the mom actually spends time with the kids being home is a great thing. So many do not spend much more quality time than working moms.

Anonymous

• Learning to count on you for comfort and discipline. So very important as they grow.
    jilly558

Answer by jilly558 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Well, not to be a naysayer, but I think all of these things can be accomplished by a working mom (and believe me, my daughter knows who her mom is!) I think the biggest benefit is when the child is sick. It's hard to take time off when needed, but I can drop her off with my step mom and I know she gets catered to and spoiled which is great for a cranky sick child. 

Anonymous