• In the Spotlight:

who was wrong?

me and my Dh have been fighting cause i took my younger friend around yesterday to find her a first apartment. she cant drive cause of medical reasons and doesnt know the right questions to ask landlords or how to look for things that could be problems. we planned this outing for 2 weeks and had aked my DH if it would be ok to do it on his day off so he could watch the kids. i ended up home 20 min later than expected cause on of the managers called back and needed my friend to fill out paper work to get faster approval in income based apt. the friend has till the 10 of aug to find a place as her parents house forclosed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• no you were not wrong

Answer by admckenzie at 2:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Sometimes these questions are hard to answer. Not this time. Sounds like you did nothing wrong.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Sounds like you did nothing wrong (I would have done the same thing) but your dh does sound like mine. I have learned that if I am going out and he is staying home with the kids I usually tell him I will be home an hour to an hour and half after I really plan on being. It isn't that he doesn't like staying with our kids it is just that he is a schedule freak and likes to know what is going to happen next. By me showing up late it throws everything off. By me coming home earlier then I said it doesn't affect what is going to happen at a later time.
    Anonymous

• You did nothing wrong.
    Anonymous

• 20 minutes? its crazy to be upset over 20 minutes, and I am the queen of being upset about people being late. You had good reason, and it was 20 freaking minutes.
    kimbob2284

Answer by kimbob2284 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• why is he mad? because you were 20 minutes late? Does he not watch the kids much? I've seen that before. Where the hubby freaks when you're late because he doesn't know how to handle the kids. Maybe that's it. Maybe he needs to watch the kids more to get used to it.
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 4:50 PM on Jul. 22, 2009