Looking for info about post c-section

Had a c-section 8 days ago. Was just wondering, for moms that have had c-sections, how long did the pain last, when did it totally go away. Also, how long did you bleed?

LSteckowski

Asked by LSteckowski at 3:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I bled for 8 weeks, I do remember that. I couldn't tell you how long it hurt though. Not too long though. I was all over the place and even swimming after 2 weeks, so it wasn't that bad LOL
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Thanks, there definately hasnt been as much pain, and I am out doing stuff. Cant stand to be pinned to the house all day.
    LSteckowski

Answer by LSteckowski at 3:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I bled from 5 weeks and I was fine after a few days after the c-section, no pain. Now my frist real period after was horrible. I bled for 28 days with huge clots.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 3:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I didn't bleed much after I left the hospital. My c-section was an emergency choice. I was back on full duty for patrol at 4 weeks post op. Single mother then and being a cop at the time meant I did what I had to do to get my newborn taken care of.

As for the abdominal pain..well that took some getting used to. It took months for me to be able to sit and reach for things and not be in pain. You're doing well. Get out of the house. Go for a walk. You're right. Cannot be stuck in the house all day. Congratulations Mommy.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I bleed for 4 weeks both c-sections and was completely pain free after 2 weeks. I couldn't do a sit up for 2 months though and then it still hurt.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 3:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• i was in the most pain while i was in the hospital....then again i had no pain meds after the surgery....i bleed for 12 weeks but i started my period then my BC made it last longer.....my pain tolerance is really high though....just take it as easy as you can....get as much rest as you can....that is one thing i didnt do because my son was in the nicu....just rest rest rest......and drink plenty of water....keeps the swelling down

Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• The pain lasted quite a while for me, but I ended up with an infection 8 days after my c-section. I was hospitalized and given an IV antibiotic. Once that was over, I was still walking bent over for about 2-3 more weeks. I didn't feel back to my old self until about 3 mos afterward and even then I'd still have some pain through my incision. Now at 4.5 mos after my c-section, I have some numbness around the incison but no more pain. I bled for onlly 1 week or so.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I personally only bled for a couple weeks, and by time I went home, I wasn't to sore... it was intermittent pain at most. Even now, 18 mos later i still have some numbness at the incision..
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 6:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I just had a C-section almost 3 weeks ago and I still have some pain and the bleedin g is there but more like a very light period and sometimes I barley bleed at all. My stomach is sensitive, like hurts some to hold the baby so I have to have him laying next to me to feed him cause it hurts. This also was my first c-section and third birth, no more kids for me!!
    Anonymous