Nutrisystem??

You know those commercials of the company Nutrisystem that ships food to your door and if you just eat the food they say you will lose weight? Has anyone ever tried this? Did it work? How was the food? Any info is appreciated! I want to try this but I want to hear your experiences if you have them. I think if I knew that all I could eat was their food, then it may work for me!

Thanks Mamas:-)

sassyhettel

Asked by sassyhettel at 3:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I've heard its awful........
    Cathy1983km

Answer by Cathy1983km at 3:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I have tried it but couldn't stick with it because IT is expensive. So, I found another way. 8 glasses of water daily. 8 fruits and veggies 3oz of lean meats, chicken, fish...and plenty of exercise. Find one that works for you...walk for 30 or 60 minsa day...do light weights one day...another day walk..mix it up...be consistent...stick to your plan...cut out all things white and start eating things whole wheat...and if you slip one day and have that cake, it's ok...it takes small steps...my doctor told me to keep a daily food journal  for times and what you eat...eat a good breakfast...then at 10ish fruit snack 12 light lunch 2 veggie or fruit snack 5 small dinner..it's all about portions...good luck

Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I have not tried it but did overhear a woman in the grocery store telling the produce lady that she had been on it and it was WONDERFUL! She seemed very excited, and I heard her mention that by ordering the food she had ended up spending less money each month.

Let me know if you try it and how you like it...I have a few extra lbs. to loose as well. If you need a source for high quality vitamins, protein shake mix and protein bars let me know.

Angie
    money4moms

Answer by money4moms at 3:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• If you like the taste of Spaghetti O's and card board and mashed potatoes that are as thin as soup then go for it!

I tried it and it was horrid, I feel that the only way i would have been loosing weight was because i wouldnt be eating anything. I tried the 2 weeks they gave me free so i tried a lot of different foods (if thats what you would call them) and non of them were edible in my opinion! IF the food wasnt dry and tasteless it was slimy and it smelled disgusting.

If you want something that works well and you dont have stomach problems add hotsauce to your diet everywhere you can and take cayenne pepper vitamins which will cause you to feel warm from the inside out and you need to drink water with this a lot. I did it after finding out about Thermogenics. The idea is like sweating the fat off of the inside of your body. I would not advise if you have acid reflux problems or an ulcer but other wise its great and cheap!
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I use to work for the packing and shipping company. We got to try it a couple of times and the food is not very good at all. I think the reason u lose the weight is cause the servings were sooo small. f it was me i would not waste ur money.
    bellagogreen

Answer by bellagogreen at 4:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I liked the food personally. But is does get expensive as you have to buy the food for you AND supplement the fruits/veggies, PLUS buy food for the rest of the family. THEN once you go back to eating REAL food, you gain the weight back. It's easier to eat food that someone prepares for you but hard to make it healthy (like NS does) for yourself. I suggest portion control (like weight watcher) and exercise.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think that it is all a mindset thing....if you can plan out what you want to eat BEFORE you go to the grocery store, that is where restraint comes in. Eating several small meals a day is better than chowing down on 3 seperate occasions....and don't eat anything after 6:30pm, just drink water. This is the most sedentary time of the day (unless you are going out) and you don't need to sit like a blob on the couch infront of the tv and shove needless calories into your mouth (voice of experience talking here!). The thing that finally helped me get rid of the rolls around the middle was doing Pilates and then yoga. Pilates is great in and of itself and you can even get a DVD and do it at home if you don't want the expense of joining a gym or have kids too little and still taking naps. Weight loss shakes from Costco helped get me started on diet too.
    wowgreenmom

Answer by wowgreenmom at 9:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Check with Homeshopping club or QVC they are always selling it and they sell it for alot less and lets face it when you are on a diet it never taste good so plan on using alot of Tabasco sauce or something. Good Luck.
    Cynthia38

Answer by Cynthia38 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It's not bad as a temporary kick start. It helps with portion control. After a while though, it all starts to taste the same! It's also not as inexpensive as they make it sound. You have to supplement with a LOT of your own groceries. My husband and I both did lose some weight though. I think I lost 10 and he lost 20. Be sure you have a solid plan for afterward though, otherwise you'll find all the weight you lost! Good luck!
    freetorelax

Answer by freetorelax at 12:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I lost weight on Nutrisystem back in the 80's. (about 20 pounds) Didn't mind the food, but if I knew what I know now about nutrition...I personally wouldn't want to eat all the processed food stuff.

After having my daughter, I gained some weight. I just lost 31 pounds 25 inches since January (size 16/18, Now size 10) using a plan called Cinch by Shaklee. It's very nutritious and I was never hungry. I just had my cholesterol tested and my overall cholesterol was 160 and all the Good/Bad/Trig were within the good ranges. I feel wonderful. Now I am waiting to hear if I am one of their 11 Cinch Biggest Loser Winners! :)

To your health...

Roxanne
    Freedom MAHMA
    http://www.free2whatever.com
    RoxyMahma926

Answer by RoxyMahma926 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2009