Jelouse 17 mounth old

my 17 mouth old is jelose of her new baby brothers
what can i do too help her?
why is she so jelous?
how can i stop her being mean to them i have triead everything i can think of?
i am confused becuse its not like she was a only chiled before she has 2 older sisbligs?

crazymommy21

Asked by crazymommy21 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it's because she is not the baby anymore, now that most of the attention is going to her baby brothers not her, my almost 4 year old gets jelouse to sometimes so I just drop what I'm doing and give him loves and if I'm with the baby then I just call him over and give him hugs at the same time, you just need to give her lots of love and baby her a bit
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Normal behavior. She's still a baby herself and now there is a new baby. Involve her and praise her for doing good things. Spend one on one time with her.
    paralegal09

Answer by paralegal09 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It's totally normal. Let your 17 mo old help as much as possible wit hthe babies. Let her get diapers, hold the bottle, show them toys, etc.

And cut out time EVERY DAY to spend 1 on 1 time with her. Even if it's 30 minutes of reading together, or playing her game of choice, it's really important.

Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 5:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Oh wow mommy 5 kids - you are braver than i am but I see you have a Max just like me lol!! good luck with that one ! haha... my son gets extremely jealous if someone hugs me or even if my husband kisses me - and forget about me holding another baby - he just loves his mommy to be HIS! I am sure that's what your 17 month old is going through.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My daughter is very jealous if my husband gives me any attention.. she has to run right over and be in the middle of it, giving me loves too.. She's about to be a big sister in less then a month, and I am not sure how she is going to handle it. But I agree with Arkaidy.. you HAVE to make sure that you are still giving her that 1 on 1 time, making sure she knows that just because there are new babies in the house, that doesn't mean you love her any less.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 6:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2009