baby food question

When is it ok to start giving my baby a little bit of baby food? He is four months old and has been eating formula with rice in it for about a month. (Doctors orders) He has been curious about our food, looking at it and grabing for it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can start now =] I started my daughter on 1st stage baby foods at four months. She's almost seven months old and eats all 2nd stage food now. It's a lot of fun in the beginning! Don't get too frustrated, the food might not all go in his mouth to begin with. It might take about a week or two for him to get the hang of eating with a spoon. If you give him some food and he doesn't seem interested at all, put it up and try again in a week. Some babies are ready at four months, some aren't ready till six.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2009