Whats up with this?

My four month old has been drooling like crazy! I go through like five soaking wet bibs a day. He gnaws on his fists almost putting the whole thing in his mouth. I have never seen a baby drool so much. Anyone else had this?

CarleeDalene

Asked by CarleeDalene at 3:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ahh teething. This too shall pass. Yes all of my kids did it.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 3:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Yes! My 7 month old has been drooling nonstop for 3 months. We just keep changing his bibs or clothes. Good Luck:)
    janessa27

Answer by janessa27 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Deffinitely teething my daughter started it at about 2 1/2 month and just now got her first tooth and shes almost 6 months.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• he's teething dear...and yes it's normal, my son was the king of drool just make sure you don't swing him up in the air and let the drool drool into your mouth...oh come one I know there are some mother's out there that have had this done to them...admit it....
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• be glad he's just not screaming the whole day like mine did..lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• TEETHING!!! One thing you can do to alleviate the teething issue - and help keep the drool in check... you can soak a clean wash cloth in water, put it in the freezer, then give it to them.

The cold will feel good on their gums, the wash cloth will help keep some of the drool on it! If he gets uncomfortable, it is ok to give a small amount of baby tylenol. I would call the doc & ask what the recommended amount is.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My 4 mos. old drools a lot too, but the ped. just confirmed she is not teething. I think some just drool a lot.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2009