would $20 a month be too much to have someone come in and clean twice a month?

im thinkin about haveing a local maid service come in and clean every 2 weeks we have a fairly small place so wont take long and want them to do the major stuff like bathrooms kitchen ect. it will give me a break and will also help local people.. they hire those 65 and older as a program to help the elderly with jobs. i like the idea of the break and the cost isnt much but would feel weird about havin an older person come in and clean...would you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• they could clean my bathrooms. i hate cleaning the bathroom.
    twenty bucks a month would be worth it to me.
    MOM22QTS

Answer by MOM22QTS at 3:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I would feel very strange about an old lady coming to my house to clean for only $20 a month. I mean, that isn't even minimum wage! I assume they would be there for a few hours each day, right?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Probably not- I like to clean my own house. As far as $20 a month for twice a month, I think that is way not enough
    Anonymous

• that's ten dollars a session, if it takes them less than an hour each trip then it's fine. that's cheaper than hell and a good deal for you. plus the elderly totally know how to clean right.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• $20 is not enough.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 3:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• they charge 10 an hour and would only need an hour to clean being i have a very small apartment
    Anonymous

• I don't know about the cost, but, I couldn't have someone come to my house and clean it. I don't trust them not to steal anything of value, not that I have anything of value but who knows.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• op here
    should add that its 10 an hour with contract other wise for random cleanings its 16 to 20 an hour....
    Anonymous

• wow I would love to have my house keeper only charge me 20.00
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think $20 is an awesome price, BUT having been a PCA many years ago and caring for the elderly in their own homes I would feel very uncomfortable about an elderly person coming in to clean my home. That is my opinion, though. If one came in my home to clean I would probably feel so guilty that I would get up and help them...lol. I would even have them sit down to rest while I finished cleaning for them - fix them tea and everything...lol. That's just me, though. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2009