Is this normal?

To hate it when your husband touch's you?
We have been married almost 4 years and together a total of almost 8 years. We only have one daughter which is 3 1/2 years old.
He no longer turns me on and sex is a forced issue on my part. He still finds me attractive and I feel so bad that I have to fake it. what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• 1. Try re-connecting with your DH. Women need to feel emotionally connected to get turned on.

2. Could you possibly be depressed? With the pressures we faces in today's society and the terrible economy its easy to get overwhelmed. And its hard to feel turned on when you feel bad.

3. Perhaps its a hormone issue (talk to your OB/GYN). Us woman are delicate balance of variety of hormones, sometimes when they are not in balance we experience things such weight gain/loss, and lack of sexual appetite.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• is it just him that doesn't turn you on? does anything else turn you on? we've all faked it and not wanted to have sex, could be a phase.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Ummmm....NO. Not normal at all. Seek counseling or see your doctor to get your hormone levels checked
    Anonymous

• nope, not normal at all. Get help.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Well I know its not my hormones. Other things turn me on, its just when he starts to touch me I just lose it. When I go home and the house is empty I take a deep breath and can relax, but when I go home and see that he has beaten me home Its a big let down.
    Anonymous

• I went through a phase like that with my husband. For me, it was outside stressors that were affecting our relationship. I felt like he couldn't understand how I was feeling and that made him less attractive to me. Eventually we had a big fight and we decided that either we were going to walk away or we were going to actually fix things, not just pretend they are fine. After I was able to talk to him and he was willing to listen and talk too, things got better. Another reason I wasn't finding him attractive was because we were just in a boring routine that we'd been in for years. I didn't look forward to sex and it seemed like a chore. Once I explained to him that I needed something new and that I needed him to listen when I said I like something or don't, I was able to enjoy him again. Maybe you need to figure out what else is making you not want sex with him before talking to him about it. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• sounds like you're just stressed and need time to yourself. you also need to communicate with him- i hate communicating lol. tell him if he can get it wet then maybe he can have it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• you guys should talk have a heart to heart talk and if you can't do it by talking wrigting helps that way nobody is shouting and you get your point across, I think you are just have stress of everyday life your in a rut, you feel like you hit a dead end and there is just noway out, just try and talk to him communication helps a lot. good luck

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• sorry I sound like a two year old, that's what happend when you are trying to pay bills deal with my four year old and answer question lol
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I had a low libido for a long time, then I started acupuncture and the whiz is back again! I had my hormone levels checked and they were supposedly fine. Consider it-
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 4:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2009