What kind of wet ingredient do i add to a breakfast bar recipe?

I'm coming up with my own recipe for a breakfast bar and I have some dry ingredients but no wet yet. What am I missing? I can't eat eggs by the way.
So far: oats, brown sugar, flake coconut, sliced almonds, dried cranberries.

AmandaI1021

Asked by AmandaI1021 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Honey makes a good sticky wet substance to make a breakfast bar with and a little goes a long way!
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• molassis will stick better then honey and it wil firm up unlike honey use a light or dark molassis...
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I don't like the flavor of honey unless it's blackberry. Molasses, huh. I may try that. I didn't want to use egg or corn syrup. Can you get molasses at a regular grocery store?
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Applesauce! Seriously. My son has an egg allergy and applesauce is a great substitute for moisture in lots of recipes.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 4:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• sweetened condensed milk-higher sugar count but if you cook the mixture it will thicken and hold the mixture together
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 4:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• great ideas thanks!
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I agree with the applesauce answer. And yes, you can get molasses at a regular grocery, if you're in the U.S. at least. You could also use pureed prunes to add fiber if you need it, and by the way, molasses can have the same effect as prunes if you consume a lot!
    kady_elle

Answer by kady_elle at 5:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• applesauce for sure. or molasses....at our grocery its with the baking stuff.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I would use agave syrup and not use sugar

Answer by rkoloms at 7:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2009