When you think of a strong, spiritual person, who comes to mind?

For me, it is a precious woman I work with. She tragically lost her son unexepetedly 3 years ago. Instead of getting angry at God, or blaming Him, it brought her and her husband closer to God. In fact, they don't blame anyone. It was just a tragic part of their lives. Whenever I think of strong people,and the impact they make on me,and how I view God, I always think of her. She is such an inspiration to me.

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mine would be lynnsl here on CM.. She always is in a great mood and always puts the Lord before anyone or anything..She has helped me when i was going though alot of stuff and God uses her in a great way here on CM.She is a strong,spiritual person.. who I love so much ..

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My neighbor. Ms. Jane. She's 78 and she lost her son and her husband fairly close together and she's not angry. She's a great Christain lady and we used to sit in her backyard and just talk about the bible or my son...or anything. I truly love her. We have moved and she's no longer my neighbor, but, I thank God that she came into my life. And, man....ya'll talk about a green thumb...this lady is in her late 70's and she does all her yard work, planted all her trees. I don't have a green thumb.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 4:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• mine is my moms friend my price she showed me to love of god and how he works in peoples live she was alson my sunday school teacher and i love her so much i can talk to her about anything
    doodysmom08

Answer by doodysmom08 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Hmmm that's a tough one. So many to pick from. I might have to get back to you on that. I could name a couple of ladies from here, but don't want to embarrass anyone LOL.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Ghandi
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My best friend. She just sent me a long email about something that's been going on lately, and her entire focus was how I need to lean more on God and his word. Funny - she very gently chastised me for some of the habits I've fallen out of, and I actually THANKED her for it, LOL!! That's b/c she lets the true light of Jesus shine through her.

I also know quite a few women here that fit that bill - a LOT of women, LOL!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Morgaine La Fey... She struggled with her faith and the things that went on around her... and came out on top, as a leader, strong in spirit and in her own convictions!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My husband. He could have easily said "to hell" with anything spiritual after how he was raised but he didnt.
    He had a core spirituality that remained strong and beautiful despite everything else.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My grandfather. He was THE epitomy of kindness and service and spiritual strength. He died two weeks ago(today). The morning he died he was out taking up the trash cans and newspapers, from the curbs to the garage or front doors, for the widows and other elderly folk in his neighborhood(and he was 86 himself LOL).
    He came in and sat down and was gone.

To me, they are the examples of strength and spirituality that I turn to when I need those little reminders.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Mahatma Gahndi. Mother Theresa. Thich Nhat Hahn. And many people I know in real life as well.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Morgaine La Fey, is a fine example Sabrina. As is Gahndi.  My Father IRL is a very spiritual person.  He helps people with their lawns, trips to the doctor, you name it....all because he is a good person.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2009